Spare change on a speaker cabinet

Does anyone know of a tweak where you put a certain amount of spare change on the corner of one of your speaker cabinets (or both) to improve the soundstage? Sounds crazy but I heard it once and it did seem to work. I heard it in a store in NC.

Thanks.
hahnzie
I find it best to use $0.37 on the inner rear corner of each speaker. No quarters either, as they will wreck the imaging. Place the 3 nickels in an L shape nearest the corner, with the 2 dimes coming out of the corner nickel at a 45 degree angle. Then place one penny on either sided of the outside dime. MAKE SURE NO COIN TOUCHES ANY OTHER COIN!! As this will cause the soundstage to collapse.

Done just right, it is magical. The best $0.74 you'll ever spend. FWIW, I have not tried this on a 5.1 or a 7.1 system, but I'm still experimenting.

John
Soo I guess I deserve a bit of hazing for this question. I swear I heard a difference but the owner of the store was over near the preamp at the time so who knows what might of happened. He certainly seemed like a trust worthy guy. It was a pair of Revel Gems that sounded great already. I guess I assumed that it lowers the resonance of the cabinet or somehow minimizes a cabinet resonance at a certain frequency.

John, I can't tell if you are kidding or serious but the way I saw it was a stack of coins. It may be he did something to the preamp during the demo, or maybe he has some insdider knowlede of the cabinet resonance. For all I know Kevin Voelks at Revel told him to try it and it only works with Revels.
This reminds me of the Totem Beak if any one recalls. Totem speakers had an option call the "beak" which was a machined aluminum cone that had a center cavity in the base. They swore that if you placed on top of the speaker cabinet it did some "magic" and made the speaker image better of something. A dealer freind always offered it to me to take home and play with, but I think he was hopeful I wouldn't bring it back. But i do own Revels and now I must start trying this out. I actually hope it doesn't work or I will upset my cashflow tremendously.
This is Sam Tellig's old tweak from back in the time of the Combac dots that people (yeah, me too) put on their speakers to change the resonant frequency of the cabinet. I think that Sam felt that the dots did work, but they were expensive (he was the Audio Anarchist or Audio Cheapskate at the time), so he theorized that you might be able to get the same effect if you taped coins to the speaker. I've forgotten what he concluded, except that I seem to recall that he did say that by using nickels, dimes and quarters instead of the dots he would be saving a hell of a lot of money if the tweak didn't work! And I also recall a bunch of letters to the editor claiming the tweak worked.