Soundstage and image height, does it exist?

On another site, there is a discussion on soundstage, and there are a few people clamming, that, since there is no vertical information encoded on stereo recordings, that soundstage height does not actually exist. It is a product of our minds filling in missing information. 

Are they correct?

Please explain your position, with as much technical details as you feel needed.

128x128simonmoon

Showing 3 responses by riley804

Are they correct?

whether or not they are correct is their opinion . . you have people that think the earth is flat , so what does that tell you ?

why are people so worried about what others think or say on certain topics and then have to get others opinions ?

when you listen to your system, what do you hear / experience ?

i am definitely not an expert in this and never claimed to be.....but doesnt the room and the room treatments play a huge roll in the soundstage of a room ?

@maxwave 

The ´´tone ´´ of your post is slightly arrogant . That is the way I prrceived it.

well that is where you would be wrong.   

I dont see why a person cant have their own opinion on something and if you dont agree with the majority of the group then you are wrong.    that is the point i am trying to make and that has nothing to do with being arrogant.

@maxwave 

why do i need to behave differently with friends or life partner ?

so because i ask a simply question of what does it matter what others on a site say , you have a problem with it ?