Sony service Gibson TV, Roseville MI. XA5400ES

Apparently Sony home electronics are no longer sent to Laredo, TX. I sent my Xa5400ES SACD player there to have the LCD. screen fixed. Well the screen has now gone out a 2nd time.

I called Sony & got told several things about who is now authorized to repair their products. I like the sound of my Sony a lot but, damn - this unreliability & uncertainty if I trust the repair place makes me want to switch to a brand with a better service track record.

I even thought about doing the mod squad upgrade, then asking them to fix he issue with the LCD.
masi61

Showing 2 responses by don_c55

Sony service at Laredo was always very poor.

The 5400 is a great player, and was discontinued several years ago, then brought back (and finally dropped last year) as they used up the leftover parts.

I like the 5400 and bought two spares, and a spare laser assembly, for future use. I plan ahead!

There may "NEVER" be a better under $2000 CD/SACD player IMO! I do not like OPPO players.

Sony now makes NO CD/SACD Players. They do still have Blu-Ray players that play CD's.

I suspect some parts will be, or are, obsolete, and unavailable.

CD/SACD players are mostly electro-mechanical, and do not last forever, they break, and some can not be repaired.

This is a problem with all CD/SACD brands, and will only get worse as downloads, and computer audio takes over!
Sony no longer has an official repair facility, but sends people to a place in Michigan.

Maybe Gibson TV is that place.

The US Sony.com site use to list a place in Michigan for their outsourced service.

Search Sony Service on the web.