Sonus Faber speakers - what's your experience?

Hi!

I finally got to hear some Sonus Faber speakers the other day. Just two different models: the Lumina V's and the Aida's. The audition space for both, was a hotel room (the Audio Advice Live show, in Raleigh, NC). I was impressed.

Can any of y'all owners (past or present) weigh in on personal experience with them? Are they difficult with placement? Room corrections? If you moved away from them, what were the reasons?

I just found the fact that they sounded so good in hotel rooms, with little room treatments, pretty impressive.

Thanks!

fredisdead

I also liked the sound of the Sonus Fabers at the Audio Advice event.  I believe on Friday they were the Lilium, so 1 step down from the Aida but still $75k.  To me that was the best sounding room at the show. 

How finnicky are they in placement compared to, say Wilsons?

They’re wonderful speakers that do many things right and look gorgeous as well. If you’re looking for neutral or detail monsters, they might not be for you as they tend to be a little on the romantic side of things. I owned Olympica II and really liked them. Wouldn’t mind owning another SF in the future. I didn’t find them to be fussy with placement but they do give you more if you provide more breathing room. 

I only sold them because I wanted to try something different and not necessarily due to any shortcomings. Having said that, I preferred the Olympica line over Lumina. Not a huge difference but Olympica had a bit more of the SF magic. Of course they continue to get better as your move up in the lineup. 

Thanks, @tosnc--I wasn't completely sure on what I thought were the Aida's.

And, thank you, @arafiq & ​​@soix, for your input; all good to know!

When tweeter carried SF I only remember trying to sell a kidney to get a pair. I still think of my VA beethovens as poor mans sonus faber 

I had the Sennetto III in my house and compared them directly to Focal Aria 926.    The Sennetto bested the 926s with voice and strings.  The 926 were a little better at filling the room with music and a little better with rock music or should I say I liked them better.  But I just could not get over the cheesy plastic like base of the Sennetto.