Sonus Faber Olympica nova 2 VS Sonus Faber Cremona M Loudspeaker vs

I am looking to upgrade my speakers, I am looking at either used Sonus Faber Olympica 2, or if I can find at a good price the Olympica Nova 2, or a used pair of Sonus Faber Cremona M Loudspeaker

I am also looking at the GoldenEar Triton 2 plus, or One R

wondering if anyone has heard these and has an opinion. 

Mostly Hard Rock some Metal, Jazz Rock Fusion, and once and a while Jazz 

Thank you 

drumhobo

I apologize to the OP for the intolerant here who feel it necessary to judge your musical taste & suggest your needs are not worthy of the best sound you can get.  Does that make them anti-audiophiles?

Good luck with your search!  Sonus makes great speakers - hard to go wrong there.  I've not heard the GoldenEar line, but Sandy Gross is an inventive and highly respected designer, and they've gotten great press.  Both of the models you mentioned effectively have built-in subwoofers, so they're definitely going to go deeper & louder than the Sonus.  I'm curious to hear what you think of their midrange & top end, though.

Please give us your post-listening opinions when you get a chance!

@Op I have Olympica Nova V (previously Sonnetto V) and listen to a lot of hard rock/heavy metal and rap in addition to other styles.

I've heard Olympica Nova 2s and think they sound great.  I'm sure there are other excellent options as well.  Enjoyr your journey.

I am using Sonus Faber Olympica Nova 5 and I am listening to many music genres. I love them and heavy metal sounds awesome without brightness. Such a beautiful musical speakers. I am driving it with McIntosh MA352. Awesome sounding pair. 

hey Petaluman,

Sandy Gross is not a designer. But his partner in both Definitive Technology and Golden Ear was an excellent one. But Sandy was one of the best audio businees men in audio. He was largely responsible for the initial growth of Polk, then Definitive Technology and finally Golden ear into three of the largest, important speaker companies. They would never be anywhere as important if it wasn't for his management genius.

I run Sopra 2's and play tons of punk, metal, extreme metal and classic rock. @mofojo is probably right on with SF being too warm. You probably want a speaker more sharp, focused, detailed and fast. Focal does this, but they're so extremely overpriced I'd have a hard time recommending them now. They had a 20% off sale last week at dealers, but I'd probably wait for a used pair to pop up.