Some questions about Kharma Exquisite Reference

I'm interested to buy a pair of Exquisite Reference 1E speakers. However,the size of my audio room is just about 7M * 4M * 3.2M or 23'*13'*10'(L/W/H). I wonder whether the space is a serious problem for Exquisite Reference or not?

Can you elaborate some amplifiers which are the right one for Exquisite Reference 1E? What's their sound? Can Tenor 150Hps, LAMM ML2, VIOLA Symphony, PASS XA160 or DarTzeel NHB-108 be good choices?

The differences of performance between Exquisite Reference 1A and 1E are significant? I saw Exquisite Reference 1D-E in the internet, what does 1D-E mean? What's the difference between 1D and 1E?

Any comments are very welcome. I'm eager to know the answers. Thank you for kind help!
seitei
I heard these speakers paired with Audio Valve Challenger 160's. They were arrayed against a long wall about 24 feet wide, 18 feet deep with a 14 foot ceiling. Beautiful sound. Very open sound. I was certain that a good deal of the effect was due to the high ceiling. Would they work well with eleven foot ceilings? Most likely, but not eight foot. These speakers need 'room' to perform properly. Don't remember what the cable was.
Thanks for quick responses from all of you.

Fmpnd,
You mean the space is not a problem if I heavily treated the room? What kinds of treatment have you done?

Mike,
Honestly, I'm interested in the Kharma Exquisite Reference speaker just because I saw pictures regarding your wonderful system before. Did the smaller space of your previous audio room ever cause any problem? Can you elaborate the reasons of suggesting darTZeel NHB-108? Is one NHB-108 enough to drive Kharma Reference?

Many thanks!
the Kharma Ref 1d is the model i liked most compared to other Kharma models. have had the latest Midi in my room for quite some time and combined with different amps too.
after all Kharma and SonusFaber's i found truly peace of mind with Verity Audio.
if you have the possibility please audition the Sarastro and Lohengrin.
btw i think the DartZeel may be very fine partner with any Kharma speaker.
Tuboo,

I ever auditoned the Lohengrin drove by a pair of Viola Bravo several years ago. I was deeply moved then. However, I judge the limited space of my audio room may constrain the performance of this wonderful speaker. What's the superiority of Lohengrin over Kharma Reference? What are the best speakers I can buy fitted for my audio room?
Mike,
Honestly, I'm interested in the Kharma Exquisite Reference speaker just because I saw pictures regarding your wonderful system before. Did the smaller space of your previous audio room ever cause any problem? Can you elaborate the reasons of suggesting darTZeel NHB-108? Is one NHB-108 enough to drive Kharma Reference?

Seitei,

thanks for the kind words; i'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. the Exquisite Reference is a very elegant speaker to look at.....my wife still misses that look. Charles Von Oostrum (Mr. Kharma) is an artist and i've always considered these speakers to be works of art.

there was always something very special about my previous room and they way the Exquisite Reference ID synergized in that room. even with the Tenor 75w OTL's the ID's were able to easily 'hook up' or 'presurize' that room with ease for a wonderful immediacy and intimacy. OTOH a 12' x 18' x 10.5' room has limitations as to what level of SPL's it can support before it falls apart. i used lots of absorbtion in that room next to and behind the speakers. these limitations ultimately were one of the main reasons (also the whole wife sleeping--noise control issues) i moved and built the new room.

i think the size of your room is more ideal for the Exquisite Reference than either of my rooms. but it will take time to work things thru. it had taken 7 or 8 years to get the small room to really work (in my early learning stages as an audiophile).....and it has taken 3 or 4 years to get the larger room to work.

yes; a single NHB-108 would be enough for the Exquisite Reference in your room. this is somewhat based on the type of speaker that the Kharma is. it is not a speaker which has unlimited SPL capabilities.....it will not knock the house down with bass slam.....no matter what amp you use. it is very micro-dynamic and full of texture and nuance. which is why i went away from it in my new, very well damped, large room. it simply did not move enough air to energize the room to my satisfaction. when i switched to the VR9's i got all the energy i wanted; but it took me a couple more years and a switch to the Evolution Acoustics MM3 before i was able to get back that intimacy i had lost when i left my small room.

the darTZeel NHB-108 is a very lively amplifier; in the right way. it can operate near it's limits and still sound musical. the Kharma is very demanding of naturalness in an amplifier and so the choices of enough power, naturalness and clarity are limited.

you can always add a second NHB-108 if you feel you need more power.

my second choice for the Exquisite Reference would be the Tenor Hybrid 150's or maybe even the new darTZeel integrated.

i hope this helps.