Solid State Preamp effects on 300 B tube amp into Klipsch?

I want to play my Dennis Had (WE 300B) Inspire Tube Amp using my Node streamer through (first) a Nakamichi PA-7A preamp. I wonder what there is too gain. I guess it’s just my ears…the sound… just don’t want to risk loosing the liquidity of the midrange, but maybe better to affect the highs using Heritage Cornwall iv… anyone have these Klipsch speakers?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmoose89

My opinion is that there is nothing to gain, only the possibility to lose.  If it is a great preamp, you won't lose much and it will sound great.  Unfortunately, the Dennis Had 300b has only one set of inputs so indeed you do need a preamp of some sort in most cases.

The fact that it is Solid state should not be a problem so long as it does what a preamp should do:  take the signal that comes into it and route it out with level control and input selection and minimal to no change.

Jerry

I generally prefer a preamp in the signal chain the easy answer is try it and see what you think. I have never heard your Nak but pretty sure it's a classic Nelson Pass design so may sound good.