Solid State Power Amps

I’m currently using 2 PrimaLuna EVO 400 power amps. I want to try my EVO 400 preamp with solid state power amps. I am considering the BHK 300, MC830, Accuphase 250 or 300 and the Pass X260.8. My budget is around 25k. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If there is something else please recommend it. 

128x128sgordoxyz

@sgordoxyz 

I just recently bought a used pair of the BHK300’s and so far I’m happy with them.  They are not SS, but hybrid.  They use a couple of 6dj8 tubes on the input sections and I must say, I’ve been having fun tube rolling!  Currently I’m using 7308’s and I’m probably going to stay with them. Super clean sound without any harshness.

All the best.

If you are planning biamping with PrimaLuna, also consider Hegel 600. It has amazing base control it can improve base tremendously. Also former version Hegel 590 is about 6K for used. I use them for my Sasha DAW, and I love that amp. 

curiousjim

I realize the BHK’s are hybrid. I think the tube input is a positive. The SS part I am wanting to experiment with is the output stage. The currant should be much better with solid state. 

My current combo is a JJ 243 tube preamp with 2 XA60 Pass Labs mono block amps. I love the sound they produce. 

Benchmark AHB2. They will shock you. Read the reviews and check it out! Good luck. Joe