Sneaky new internet tax pushing through fast

(very sorry mods, please leave it up for aminute

Call your reps!!

For those of us that buy or sell anything online and don't want to be audited by 50 states plus, please take notice to the new internet sales tax that is going through fast right now!! Spread the word, call your congressman, this will put all small vendors out of business most likely, don't let it happen guys!!
mjpfan

Showing 2 responses by br3098

I am just wondering how many of you guys who Tea Baggers who constantly decry a smaller government and less entitlements are collecting Social Security and Medicare?

For Timrhu: the reason why the Feds can administer an Internet Sales Tax is because only Congress (and as delegated to the Executive branch) can regulate interstate commerce. In fact, that was one of the original (and few) functions of Federal power as outlined in the Constitution.
If you collect taxes in the seller's state it's not a sales tax, it's an excise tax. I don't believe that the states are going to stand for that. They want their piece of the pie that has been disappearing (been previously uncollectible) on the internet. This is not a difficult thing to accomplish; many online retailers that have B&M stores implement it now. It simply needs to be setup and administered by the B2C web portal engine. Trust me, these guys are all working on this as a value added service. My guess is that these sites will work as clearinghouses and process the funds collected on your behalf - for a fee, of course. The question is what will happen if and when an online retailer is audited, and by whom?