Snake River Audio Power Cables - Best Unboxing

Hi All, I got bit by the Snake River Audio bug and took advantage of their Labor Day sale.  After talking with Jonny (nicest guy) I bought 2 of the signature hybrids and 1 of the cottonmouth power cables.  The unboxing was an experience and these cables are beautiful. The cables were shipped all kids of certificates and goodies from Idaho.  I can't wait to get these into the system and give you all my feedback.  If you're on the fence, just call Jonny and let him tell you about the cables first hand.

kdoerner

You're also kidding yourself if you don't think those reviewers get paid. Steve Huff pushed a $20 amazon speaker cable. Its sales went up 1000%. I even bought a pair.. Did it sounds the same as my Zu Mission cables? YES. Did it sound as good as my Nordost Blue Heaven? NO. Did it sound as good as my Audioquest Rocket 88? Not even close.

This is NOT an attack on the OP, just another thought

I am a believer in cables for sure, and they can definitely make a difference in how a system sounds......if the gear is high enough quality. My only question here would be, is it worth installing a $1,500 cable on a $2,000 streamer?

For the OP it certainly is, and I'd love to own Snake River cables or the like in the future, but only after the gear is up to snuff. Right now I don't think my Anti-Cables and Zavfino power cables are my limiting factor......it's getting an audiophile streamer to put a high end cable on. So saving for an Aurender/Lumin/Innuous streamer for now

@vthokie83 appreciate you.  I completely agree, is a cable that is half the value of the streamer really going to make a difference? Not sure.

I'm a strong believer in system synergy. When I first upgraded my streamer to a Nordost Blue Heaven PC, I could hear the increase in dynamics and added spaciousness.  When I had an opportunity to get an Audioquest Tornado HC for my amp I also upgraded the streamer to the Tornado, Immediate impact. Now, I bought the Tornado when Sunny Audio was running a sale on the cables, so a $1000+ tornado cable was only $700 (only, lol).  Will I get that same return on investment going up to the SRA? I don't know.

I will say, SRA are end game cables for me. I'm not under any impression that my system will benefit from spending any more money on cables at this point.

kdoerner

I certainly do understand, and I've been on both sides of that argument......I was driving $2,300 speakers with .$1,200 speaker cables I also own about $8,000 worth of very high end bulk cable and connectors, that I'll get around to building next year.

My current stance though has changed, my number one concern is getting the highest quality components in the price range I can afford.....as my budget allows. This year I've bought a new preamp, two power amps, and a set of speakers. Next year will be the streamer, CD transport, and then later the DAC.

@vthokie83 "I was driving $2,300 speakers with .$1,200 speaker cables"

please help me, being adv. analog circuit designer, to understand your point, would be awesome if you can provide more details, such as amplifier type, speaker details, length of cable etc. 

speakers are driven by the amp, cable only adds few mOhms/uH/pF to interconnect parasitics..