Small footprint subwoofer

I am in the process in replacing my current sub for a smaller one. I dont want overwhelming bass that will effect the music. Just articulate, musical bass that will be easy to integrate seamlessly. At the moment, I am about to get a REL R218 to replace a Hsu STF-2. Keep in mind this is in a very small room(10x10x8) so for the reason of getting a small sub. If all goes well, I might consider getting another REL with the same model if available and go stereo pair. What are your thoughts?

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

I have dual REL T5/x subs that I really like but, on paper at least, they likely don’t compare to the Kef.  I went with the RELs due to cost as I wanted dual subs and the Kef is about twice the cost of the REL.

Thanks for the recommendations. The KEF is nice but it is out of my range. 

@soix The SVS SB-1000pro was a consideration a while back but still think would be too big for my room especially going two subs. I get the performance aspect of it but I really don't need anything lower 30hz since this is just a 2 ch music only system.

B&W ASW608, fantastic sub. I’m using two and completely satisfied. The subs include some basic DSP options to help with integration.

Cheers,

Scott

https://www.bowerswilkins.com/en-us/product/subwoofers/asw-series/asw608/150058.html

If the Kef is more than you want to spend two REL T5/x are about the cost of one Kef. Two SVS 3000 micros are slightly more than the two RELs. The SVS at 23Hz goes deeper than the REL at 32Hz but my in room response is a good bit lower than the 32Hz spec.

I have two SVS 3000 Micros and like them, and enjoy the control app on my phone. I have not compared them to the competition, fwiw. 

Best!