Silver Speaker Cables

I would like to try silver speaker cables. I have always been curious as to how they would affect the sound of my system. That said, I have a very limited budget. Is there such a thing as low priced silver cables? If so, recommendations?

Thanks all!

gnoworyta

Showing 1 response by tump350

Well this thread has inspired me to try some 7n OCC solid silver strand speaker cables.  My system is extremely revealing.  The silver wires did not come off as bright in my system, but rather deepened the various harmonic resonances around each note and instrument (what I believe you guys call "bloom"), deepened the sound stage and sharpened the imaging of each instrument making the recorded performance a little more musical and life-like: increasing my enjoyment of the players.

I have to thank @ghdprentice for his description of silver in revealing systems and first time poster @laddy for giving me the lead on the Vogue Audio wires on sale. Otherwise I wouldn't have tried this experiment, even though the financial risk is small and VA has a 30 return/audition policy. 

I'm new to this and have to thank @thyname for starting me on cable improvements.  His recomendation of Zavfino PC's for my source components was 'transformative' -- everything sounded better.  The real "ahh" moment came once the Zavfino Fina PC was used with my Zenith MK3 and another when attached to my pre.  The benefits heard were much the same as those I just described.

I might next try bi-wiring my speakers with the orginal Transparent Supra (5th gen) speaker wires on the HF posts and the silver wires on the LF posts to replace the current Cardas jumpers.  But that will have to wait until the silver wires are fully broken-in.  Another 30-40 hours to go. (That also means that my initial impressions of the silver wires are subject to change).

Thanks all for your honest assesments of what your experiences have taught you about different components, tweaks and configurations.  Not only am I having fun, I truly enjoy listening to the music released from my system. Which system would never have been built without this forum.