Silver Speaker Cables

I would like to try silver speaker cables. I have always been curious as to how they would affect the sound of my system. That said, I have a very limited budget. Is there such a thing as low priced silver cables? If so, recommendations?

Thanks all!

gnoworyta

Showing 1 response by tomic601

@charles1dad you are a true gentleman ;-) tip of my hat to you.

On cables to the OP - you have been given a lot of informed advice with some low risk listening experience options….. The Kimber you are using is excellent  affordable wire and works in many systems. IME better executed copper at tge lower price points typically beats silver … see @mulveling  comments about silver content… and think thru what is required $ to build an all silver speake wire of any substance at reasonable $. Purity and mass unfortunately cost…… ask the Hunt brothers…. ha.

i have lost a lot of sleep lately..listening late into the night…not analytically…but immersed in emotional engagement with 3 new loaner cables from Audioquest.. Thunderbird ( Copper ), Firebird ( Silver ), and finally Dragon ( silver w silver ground )….. All destroy a very good sounding Sky XLR …..

My hat is off to Garth at Audioquest….. now get the new architecture deployed down the line for those with lower budgets….

Best to those chasing musical satisfaction 

Jim