Siemens CCa vs. Amperex 6922 D getter

I have a Audio Note P3 Silver with a Dodd battery pre amp. The Dodd calls for a 6922.

The Amperex WL GP PQ D getter in comparison to the CCa in my set up sounds dazed and confused. It is like a dirty window that needs cleaning when I insert the CCa.

I had the Amperex three weeks before the CCa came on the scene. When I first put the CCa in the music seemed to jump out of the speakers with such clairity that I was shocked that the Amperex somehow lost all that info.

So much for MR. Joe's report on the 6922. In my system they rock. I must say they work better with the TS 6SN7 RP than the Sylvania W metal. YMMV.

Anyone else have this experence?
128x128glory

Showing 1 response by mechans

My understanding is that a CCa is actually a production 6922 which tests and sounds special. Thus they are just highly selected. That said I agree that it is a scapel compared to a rip saw.
The comments on the 6SN7s are verging on inane. Of course those tubes rock and if you really want a tighter sound try Jan CHS WGTs or Black NU GT if you want bass use Ken Rad VT 231 GTs.
One of the few notable reasons for buying such prescious tubes like Ws and RPs is that they are very extended and very dynamic. Nonetheless their very high prices are now hard to justify.
There are tons of great 6SN7s with less prestige attached to them going at auction for peanuts. If you are an SN7 fan, the summer time slow selling days are a boon to people starting collections.
P.S. forget about fimding an NOS CCa or even a high quality 6922 for less than a kings ransom.