Siemens CCa vs. Amperex 6922 D getter

I have a Audio Note P3 Silver with a Dodd battery pre amp. The Dodd calls for a 6922.

The Amperex WL GP PQ D getter in comparison to the CCa in my set up sounds dazed and confused. It is like a dirty window that needs cleaning when I insert the CCa.

I had the Amperex three weeks before the CCa came on the scene. When I first put the CCa in the music seemed to jump out of the speakers with such clairity that I was shocked that the Amperex somehow lost all that info.

So much for MR. Joe's report on the 6922. In my system they rock. I must say they work better with the TS 6SN7 RP than the Sylvania W metal. YMMV.

Anyone else have this experence?
128x128glory

Showing 1 response by dsremer

Hence goes the statement that old stock tubes are very system dependent... Siemens gray plate CCA's are very detailed and can be bright in some applications. Amprex PQ,S less detailed more warmth will be less fatiguing in again some applications. Now a tube that gets very little notice due to lack of availability... is the over built Valvo 60's red and yellow label E88cc. This tube in many applications will out perform both the above with a greatly expanded soundstage and mids to die for.
Dennis