Shieded power cable with small gauge conductors

For my computer audio setup, I need a good cable for the power port. 

The cable needs to be well shielded with small gauge conductors.

I don't want to break the bank with something, but I need to upgrade from the power cord that came with the unit.

Thanks for any advice
128x128shaq
Mr. Humorous, we're talking about a more sophisticated power supply than what you imagine.
 Do your homeworkmore thoroughly and then weigh in.

I am still laughing. If you tell me a PS needs small gauge wiring to sound good, it means the designers skimped on it and are using the very expensive cable to act like part of an RL filter which should have built into the design in the first place for $5. Brilliant.

Personally, I would get the shielded cables I recommended, and put ferrite beads on the PS side such as these:

http://amzn.to/2cjHL4k

Connect the shield only at the wall side, but make sure the 14 Gauge ground is connected on both ends.

You can put the beads on the wiring itself, but you may find that really difficult to make look nice so you may need to put them inside the PS itself if not already there. A good compromise would be to use a single large bead for all 3 conductors, or at least the Hot side (usually black).

If you need it to be more expensive, I’m sure you can find Furutech connectors that will happily bring this $30 cable ($5 x 6’) up to the $600 price point.

Best of luck,

Erik

I appreciate the substantive advice. The Power supply I am buying does not come with a power cord, thus  it's up to me to pick my poison. 

I will look into what you advised.

"A wise man is he who seeks counsel."