Service After the Sale

Does service after the sale mean anything to you?  It certainly does to me and has a tremendous impact on my future purchases. This week I sent three emails to three different vendors regarding their equipment that I had purchased or intend to purchase.  Yesterday (Wednesday) morning I emailed Alvin at Vinshine Audio regarding a question about a Denafrips DAC.  I had an answer early this morning (Thursday) when I woke up.  This by the way has been typical for me when corresponding with Vinshine. I've never waited more than a day for a reply.

On Monday I emailed two other vendors regarding their products.  Today (Thursday) I have not received replies from either one.  Isn't three (3) days long enough to allow for a reply.  These are not small vendors and interestingly are vendors who i've seen favorable reviews about.  That's why I choose to deal with them. I won't mention names, at least not yet.  That's not the intention of this post. I will email both again. I know that small, one or two person operations sometimes may not reply as quickly as you may like.  And then of course there are the people who never reply.

I know there have been several other posts like this on A'gon.  But I think Alvin and Vinshine deserve another shout out. I also know where my future purchases will be directed.  Do you?  

128x128marco1

Showing 2 responses by deep_333

The non-responsive vendors of whom I speak are high end (with expensive products that I purchased new) and one of the reasons, at least in my opinion, a timely response should be expected.

@marco1 , this is precisely why i don't touch any of the high-end obscure/elusive companies even with a 20 ft pole ever anymore. It is basically a guy or two (skeletal crew) tinkering in their garages and eeking out a product months after taking your money. Their priority is certainly not fixing something under warranty when crap breaks. When they do close shop and move to the Carribean abruptly, you're sht outta luck.

My dealer was great to work with when buying. Very knowledgeable with no pressure to buy. Spent over 50k. Was good at getting back to me with a few questions. The one thing that bothered me a lot that I consider good customer service is he never emailed or called me to ask how the system sounded. I might not return just for that.

Whaatt?? He didn’t even call you to check how everything sounded?? And you even referred to him as "my dealer" sounding a bit possessive there almost early in the relationship?? Heartbreaker indeed, but, don’t worry, the right dealer for you will show up one day! 😁