Separate Amp for AV receiver

I have a Denon Receiver, AVXR4300H. Not happy with it. I'm considering an inexpensive 7.2 channel amp to see if it will help. Does anyone have a recommendation.
chastheo
Post removed 

The real question is, is he unhappy with the music or the Hometheater experience?

It is a Hometheater receiver which made me think he may be using it for a Hometheater, which most people here dont know diddly about :0)
I use a completely different system for my music, all McIntosh separates with Bowers & Wilkins, sounds fantastic. Can't say the same for my theater system and I would like to bring it to an acceptable quality, maybe I'll keep the Denon for a minute and change out the speakers first.
I have a great HT system, built around a high end Meridian surround processor, and a massive Rotel 5 channel amp, and B&W 805 speakers and subs. While it isn’t in serious competition with my two channel system, it sounds great. The same principles apply to choosing all the components for the Home Theater as two channel. Except I feel because of the distraction of the video, you don’t have to go quite as far along the SQ path.
OP, you have a nice 2 channel system, but you can’t compare your mid Fi HT components to premium priced 2 channel equipment and make a valid comparison.  It’s like expecting the same performance from a Hyundai Sonata and an upscale Mercedes Benz.  Since you like McIntosh why not get a receiver or Pre/Pro from that company and then make a comparison?