SELLING IT ALL

Hi, all: I am in East Texas. My husband has so much equipment I can’t even spreadsheet it all. He is now in a nursing home with dementia and will not be coming home. I want to sell all the equipment, and am a motivated seller. Some of the brands: Marantz, Bryston, Linn Klout, Linn Kairn, Linn Magic, Linn Keil, Parasound, Theil, Klipsch, Polk Audio, Cambridge, Audio Research. Then lower end stuff like Sony, Yamaha, Onkyo, Teac, etc. Miles of cables/interconnects (Audio Magic, Audio Quest, Toslink, and others -- hard to inventory. Best ones are not on this list because they are behind equipment.) Lots of power wedges. DACs, power conditioners, and misc. other stuff like racks.
it.
bastereo
I have a large SUV.  I will pick up ALL YOU R GEAR in one trip.  Everything cleared out.  One price for everything.  Cash with police witnessing, without your risk.  But you need to email me with specifics.  That equipment might be 2 years old or 30 years old.,  Big difference in value.  

Please either post the equipment or email me privately/  
First off, I’m very sorry. What a difficult time.

The tension here is between getting the equipment gone and getting the best price. You seem more interested in clearance so I would suggest making a spreadsheet and then contacting several of the online resellers like audioclassics.com, skyfi, and themusicroom and offering them the entire lot. will you get a good price? No. probably not. But a bulk sell to them will cut out all the time, money and effort involved with listing and selling, carefully boxing snd shipping pieces individually.

I would avoid craigslist (shady and potentially dangerous).
Sorry to hear of your troubles, went through the same thing with my father-in-law.

Many good suggestions above.  You didn't mention it, but are there any family members nearby that could step in and help?  I go along with everyone who says that it would be best to catalog everything first: make, model, condition, box/no-box, operating manuals.  Once that is accomplished you can send it off to different entities for evaluation and then chose the most pain free way for you to go.

This is a daunting task, but just think if you did 10 items a day...that would be 100 items in 10 days.  BTW, I'm not suggesting you do this with CDs, but vinyl is another story and could be very valuable.

How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!

All the best.

Regards,
barts

bastereo,

I also sympathize with you and your husband's condition.

Hopefully your husband kept original manuals, that might be an easier way to get a list together, then do a visual matchup of what still exists, (some manuals could be for sold/traded/discarded items). Original manuals will help sales.

Original boxes? Even if local pickup, they can help maintain value and increase the number of potential buyers.

A local young person to do the heavy lifting?

I've sold and bought on Facebook Messenger, Craigslist, eBay, US Audio Mart, Canuck Audio Mart, they are all good in their own way, use common sense regarding safety, and avoiding wasting your time.

Bulk List, no photos: Messenger and regional Craigslist is probably going to be your easiest method for a bulk 'all gone' local pickup solution. 

best of luck dealing with this,

Elliott