Seeking suggestions for 6922 tubes

Some years ago Kevin Deal had a good price on a stash of Telefunken gold pin 6922 tubes. At the time I needed a pair for my DAC, and they worked out very well. I'm still using them today. Now I find myself with a preamp that also uses a pair, and it seems the Telefunkens are not available at this time. 

I would appreciate suggestions of alternate brands that I might use for this purpose.

Thanks, John 

128x128roxy54

Showing 2 responses by retiredfarmer

Russian  reflectors I have found work well in my canary  ca 160 amps. Also I really like them in my sonic frontier  dac3. Gold lion new production are the best of the new made tubes but I prefer  the nose tubes. I had a pair of valvo  6922 that I found wonderful they had tube beauty  and top to bottom  balance.  The gold pin amperex  are all right fi d them a bit rolled off in the highs. Something  I found the other day that I would like to try is some adapters and some new old stock western electric  tubes that were the same as 6922 but a different  pin out. They were  made for the usn.  Lol I have not come to the point where I want to let the moths  out of my wallet  to buy a matched quad. Regards