searching for cables, reminded how pathetic Audiogon's search engine is

I can filter by type of cable to a point; interconnect or speaker but no phono sub-category, I can also set price limits, which is nice, but what about the extremely important factors like RCA or XLR and the length? 

I can search amplifiers for solid state or tube... how about critical parameters like max power, channels, balanced or SE? How about a category for DC power supplies? 

and I could go on, but no point since I've brought it up repeatedly over the years.. the moderators agree it is a good idea... and nothing happens.

sad they won't invest a little in programming to make the site really useful .... end of rant... carry on
herman

Showing 2 responses by riley804

but no point since I've brought it up repeatedly over the years.. the moderators agree it is a good idea... and nothing happens.

I have brought up a few things myself and nothing happens....and I always get the reply that they are " working on something else" or " I am the only person to mention this issue ".    I have sent them screenshots after screenshots showing the issues but its still not fixed and this has been going on for 3+ yrs now.

while I agree with some of your search issues, some I dont think would be useful  ex :   critical parameters like max power, channels, balanced or SE? How about a category for DC power supplies?            

@herman 

you aren’t concerned about how much power it has or the number of channels?

not really as I can see from the pictures from the seller of how many channels  it has and the type of connections it has on the back.

I’ve sold several DC power supplies here.. what category would you put them in?

and how many of these do you normally see for sale ?    not very many.

i dont think you need more categories here as i see everyday where members cant list a simple full range speaker for sale.....it ends up in the pro audio category or the speaker cable category......and you want to have audiogon create another category ?    it will just add more confusion.