SACD certainly bests CD for me.

Just brought home a Sony NS9100ES from The Sony Store for my fisrt listen to SACD (am I what they call a 'late' adopter?). Soft,round,musical-just much more natural & complete than a similar priced CD player. I won't switch because 1.I'm OK with my CD's, and 2. the lack of selection on SACD- but- I would like recommendations on CD players that can provide that SACD fullness-without breaking the bank. Used players are fine. (I really don't understand why there was much discussion about the merit of SACD over CD- it's just so obvious)
psacanli

Showing 1 response by uru975

A few years back was at my then local stereo store, since moved and bought out, and heard a Diana Krall Cd on their set up, then using the same set up, heard the same album in SACD, there was no going back to just plain CD thereafter.
Its a few years old but since vinyl is my main focus, it works for me, the Marantz SA-14, way outshines the 8260, which gets a lot of play.
Did a test between the two, my son owned the 8260. Put it in my system for 3 days to warm up, hooked into aux, put on the same CD, no contest, the SA-14, won hands down, he was quite disapointed.
Wasn't produced for long, don't know why, but works for me and should be around $1000 or so used.