SabrinaX vs JA Perspective2 Graphene

Has anyone compare / heard the SabrinaX and JA Perspective 2? 

Looking at the measurements, SabrinaX could be somewhat bright and have a recessed mid. Which speakers do you like more of? And which one would be easier to drive?

SabrinaX: 

JA measurements: 

128x128panerai557

Showing 6 responses by panerai557

I haven't heard SabrinaX but I heard Wilson's upper end model - I think it was DAW.. It was nice but I cannot afford that. I always loved sound of JA speakers, especially Perspective... Speakers from other brands are way too out of my budget or just meh sound. Another speaker I am smitten on is Gershman Avant Garde. I like small floor standing speakers to fit into a smaller living space.

I never had connection with B&W speakers sound. They are beauty to look at but the sound never did it for me for some reason.

Pulled trigger on a new pair of Joseph Audio Perspective 2 today. A new chapter in my audio journey has started 😊👍

@soix @prof @disc - your posts on JA Perspectives 2 certainly have helped me to make the decision. Although I didn't think my dealer had the speakers set up most ideal way, but going by what I heard at a show and online feedback from just about everyone on these speakers, I thought they'd serve me for many years with a highly enjoyable music. Surely I'll post my impression. Thanks everyone! 

@joc3021 thanks for your feedback. My room size is about 13x25 ft. Setting them up against 13ft wall. What is your room size? I too was considering PAP Trio15 at one point but I was worried too many things could go wrong 😅

More and more I read on box VS open baffle speakers, really comes down to type of sounds the listener prefers. Lot of cases for those who went from box speakers to OB ones, they immediately noticed sound characteristics @joc3021 mentioned. I have seen people posting that they came back to box speakers because OB doesn’t handle fleshed out mid range as the tweeter handles both upper n mids. I can’t validate those cause I never owned OB, but right now I am after a set of speakers that tells the truth without harshness in a relatively smallish package. I lived with  big speakers for a while and they were just pain when it come moving them. I hope Perspective2s to be my destination speakers because they were significant financial commitment. However, should my preference change, I think Perspectives are easy to keep due to its size and add something different down the road.