sa 777aes as a transport

I am planning to use a musical fidelty tri-vista 24 dac as a transport for my sony to improve my redbook cd play back. Am I on a good road? does the a'gon folks think this will give me the best of both worlds? MF for red book, Sony for SACD. I was just testing the waters to think if anyone has any thoughts.
larryrosen
Sounds like it might work. I have the XA777ES with the superclock 3 upgrade - Sony's DAC is very good - a bit analytical but very good - I think most people that don't like Sony's sound are looking for Euphonic stuff instead of "just the facts". I think the MF tri-vista DAC will be more musical. haven't heard that combo personally -I think you are on the right track.

I go back and forth with my Cary 308T and the Sony's DAC. The Sony's is in another league analytically, but the Cary is in a different league musically (with Mullard tubes).
Actually, my unit is the xa 777es, and I have purchased hear on A'gon, a Musical Fidelity tri-vista 21 dac. I am going with a digital cable as opposed to an optical. I would still be interested in any thoughts anyone has. Should I look to a seperate transport at the expense of losing the great sacd playback of the sony or am I on the right track.
I would have the superclock 3 and superclock power supply installed in your Sony and forget the DAC. You will realize much improved performance on both redbook and SACD.

Chuck
that is the way to go , im using scd1 as transport and trivista 21 dac ,i could not be happier, sound is so good