Roon isn't stable and they edit their forum to hide it

I just had to post this somewhere, and their moderators won't allow it on the Roon forum.  Just so people know, it is not an open forum when it comes to comments about Roon or its stability.  

Their moderators edit and delete posts.  It can get a little Orwellian.  

There are users that have identified severe resource leaks or situations where the Roon software pegs a single core in a CPU until Roon has to restart, causing drop-outs in audio as well as very slow responsiveness.  

The moderators must all be severe fanboys.  

Take it for what it's worth.  I just want potential users to understand they may not get the most complete picture by reviewing the Roon forum.  And sure, I understand that moderators moderate.  When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. 

Ag insider logo xs@2xjji666

Hmmm.

Their moderators edit and delete posts.  It can get a little Orwellian. 

@mike_in_nc I agree with you.  I've used Roon for 4 years with a cheap PC (NUC).  I've certainly had to restart it more than once or twice but I've never had any serious issues or problems that weren't resolved with a simple restart.  Asserting that Roon isn't stable in any general sense is almost certainly untrue, but that doesn't mean any given user's configuration might not be causing problems.  In my case I have an external hard drive that periodically needs to be attached to a PC in order to be "repaired".  I doubt that is an issue with Roon but I am sure some users might view it that way.  Given how insanely complicated Roon must be, and the amazing functionality it provides, I think it is understandable that the "moderators" are (overly?) zealous about censoring posts they might view as slanderous.

I have never used Roon.  That said, if this issue may be more configuration related than Roon service related, might that fact be an excellent discussion on Roon’s forum?  

I've been using Roon since 2017 and I have a lot of experience with it. I've built maybe 10 different Roon servers/cores, possibly more.  Some Windows 10/11, some Ubuntu.  I don't know MacOS well enough to try my hand at that.  

In the end, what I've done is build 2 cores and I can switch between them when one is running the process that effectively kills Roon.

I certainly understand that many people don't have the same issues.  My take on this, after a ton of experience and communications with other users having similar problems, is that it's a metadata/database update process.  It's not network or hardware configuration.  

Why does it only affect some people?  I suspect it has to do with library composition - use of Roon's tags, and unidentified albums could be culprits.  

The main issue with this instability is that Roon uses only one core for this process and it maxes out the core and makes Roon slow to unresponsive and it then ultimately restarts itself, which of course interrupts the music.  That restart doesn't reset Roon to functional - the problem continues until the process is done. 

Anyway, that's what I was referring to.

In terms of the forum, I've had posts edited to leave positive comments and remove negative...and lately just deleting negative posts. 

This is not to say I don't love the product.  Well, it's a love-frustration thing anyway.  But I haven't found anything better.  I just wish Roon would code away from this architecture that does this.