Roon Endpoint Streamers - Direct Comparisons between Current Offerings?

Have any of you directly compared sound quality between any of the current offerings of streamers when used solely as a Roon endpoint/streamer? This assumes Roon core and any local music file storage is being operated on a separate device (i.e., a separate server).

I have listed several of the current options below and while a few of those offer additional features, such as server capabilities, hosting of local file storage, or operating players unique to their manufacturers (i.e., other than Roon), I am interested in their performance solely as a Roon endpoint/streamer. Other suggestions not listed below are welcome, but please consider a $5K -$10K price range.

Streamers

• Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical v3.0 - $5,350
  • Auralic Aries G2.2 - $6,099
  • Innuos Pulsar - $7,999

Server/Streamers

• Aurender N200 - $6,300
  • Antipodes K22 - $9,000
mitch2

We carry all (3) brands and happy to answer any questions on how these sound and operate. The Antipodes is a special unit! I think it depends on preferences using Roon vs. Conductor app as well. 

-avoid all DSP as much as possible as to me it adds noise. You don’t hear noise per say, but it destroys the soundstage and ambiance.

My findings do not support this assertion. I have custom DSP settings for 4 pair of headphones and 4 rooms and the results are all positive..

There are many ways to use DSP, but you have to do it right to reap the benefits.

DSP can easily make things worse done wrong.

The devil is always in the detail.

-for critical listening only run one Roon endpoint at a time. This is easily heard if you turn other endpoints on and off while critically listening.

I only run 1 at a time for critical listening and only multiple at once on a few occasions for background music. I could see where sound quality might be lowered by design if needed because load on Roon is higher if streaming to a group of multiple devices concurrently, especially in case of high res streaming, but have never attempted a comparison. I do suspect even if so, the differences might only be clearly heard in a "higher end" system.

In any case, another nice feature of Roon is it shows you each step along the digital processing pipeline from source to end, so any difference should show there. I’ll give it a shot next time I stream to a group versus single device and see.

Mitch, my Optical Rendu had a Senore’s best PS - the Signature model, as well as a Ferum PS in the mix. One powered the Rendu, and the other the Ethernet to Optical adapter. No matter where I placed the Ferrum it made whatever it was connected to work and sound better. (The Senore was no slouch) Wishing you best with the i9 upgrade. I’m also looking forward to your finding on what the Innuos brings to the table in your system.