Rogue versus Peachtree

Hello, all,

This is my first post. I highly value many posters' opinions in here, so I am soliciting some advice. I recently feel in love with and purchased some Magnepan 1.7s. They are so spectacular that I am considering upgrading my amp. I currently have a Rega Mira 3. It does nicely, but I have no DAC and no headphone jack. Some people would also consider it underpowered for driving the 1.7s. For cost, space, and WAF reasons, I'd like to avoid a ton of separates, so I am considering the following four options. I listen to a mix of vinyl and CDs ripped as AIFF files into iTunes on my iMac (then into an Airport Express, so I need something that will accept the AE's optical output). Opinions?

1. Peachtree Grand Integrated with a separate phono stage (Graham Slee or Rega).

2. Peachtree iNova with separate phono stage.

3. Rogue Cronus Magnum with separate DAC (Peachtree iDAC or Rega DAC).

4. Esoterica RZ-1.
zachzins
Oh, Digitalaudio, one problem with the Medusa is that it is just a power amp, right? For just a tad more than the Medusa, I could get the Peachtree Grand Integrated, which also has a killer DAC AND a pre-amp AND more wattage AND still has the hybrid tube/SS design. For the reasons listed in my original post, I'm probably going to steer away from gobs of seperates.
you are definitley looking at some great gear. for your info i have modified mmgs in a similar sized room as yours with a decco as a pre and a emotiva xpa-2 [500 watts per into 4ohms] many magnepan owners will tell you that you will never regret lots of power..i am into budget gear at this time so i have not listened to the gear you mentioned. the inova only has 80 watts into 6ohms so not much difference in the power dept from what you have in the rega. the grand integrated looks great as do the other amps. at that dollar amount you have many options though. IF, you have room for one more component and a small footprint dac like the hrt or music fidelity possibly ask your local dealer if he has a demo amp you could use for a few nights to see how a good quality, high current amp would work with your rega as a preamp? enjoy the shopping process as you have a great set of speakers and will have many hours of enjoyment ahead of you.
You might want to look at the Wyred 4 Sound integrateds. I am looking at the mINT right now - it has 100 wpc, with built in DAC. It is suppose to be on par with the peachtree gear. They also have a 250 and 500 wpc integrated.
Those Emotivas and W4Ss are also ones I've considered. I'll have another look. I like Hotmailjbc's suggestion of demoing a powerful power amp to see if the extra juice is really worth the upgrade.
I'd eliminate the Peachtree Inova in that I doubt the amp has enough ooomph to make the Maggies sing at their best.