Reynaud Bliss Jubile vs Cantabile Jubile

Has anyone here heard the latest iterations of these two soeakers and can describe the differences. I've read Bob Neill's write-up of these two on his website, but the descriptions are a bit hard for me to grasp, perhaps not specific enough for me. They're also written by someone who is trying to sell them. I'd like to hear from those who might not have as much of stake in the game. Bob does think the Cantabile is the better speaker, but is it a small improvement or a significant one? 

It's also hard to find reviews on these. There are a couple out the, but not comparing to each other. 

Thanks for any insights here. 

analogj

Im exactly 10 feet from the listening position to the speaker baffle, took a measurement.

That seating distance should certainly work as it’s just a little under what using Jim Smith’s formula would get you and the 8’ will also be fine and depending on your room a little closer could turn out better or worse. The current equipment certainly sounds like a good mix for the Abscisse if you decide to give it a try. It is certainly going to seem more transparent right away especially if you can do the side by side comparison with the Cantabile’s before your friend takes them away. And like you said unfortunately dealers are limited as are supplies especially for the higher level models. I have a friend that waited almost four months for his pair of Voce Grandes so he had to suffer with the Abscisse’s while he waited. I had hoped that when Bob finally decided to give up the distributorship that it would have gone to someone more aggressive and promotional than a guy who has only dealt with TT’s and cartridges historically. Also doesn’t seem like JC really wants to make that big a push into the US now with the costs of shipping. Don’t think you can go wrong either way.  What part of the country are you in?

@jackd 

I am on the east coast NC….Did your friend notice any reduction in bass from the Absicce to the Voce? I was comparing these two models and thinking of going with the Voce.  I feel like I understand what that tweeter is doing now having listened to some really good videos of the Voce recently. Between that and your characterization of it here in this thread I am confident I would like it. I still like the idea of a floor stander and the specs have the Absicse going lower in the bass I believe on the JMR website. 

I completely agree on the distributor in the US, he’s having everything sent over via boat and generally he does nothing with the line. Doesn’t attend shows and only one of his dealers does attend, and it’s only one show within driving distance for him. The line is sadly not promoted here in the US and yes I think JC kind of turned his back on the market here…I found an alternate route though. smiley

jc51373

If I remember correctly what he told me when he made the direct comparison late last year, he felt the tweeter integration was superior to the Abscisse and the bass was slightly less but not dramatically so. Perfectly understandable with the smaller cabinet and less driver surface. He’s a member here so let me reach out to him and see if I can get him to respond to you directly. Also might see if you can get Bob to respond to a phone call or maybe the guys at Don Better Audio.

I am jackd's friend and am so glad I listened to his recommendation regarding the JMR line of speakers. I originally bought the Abscisse from Bob Neill, but they were somehow damaged when I received them, and I had to order 2 replacement drivers for the one speaker. I worked with the new distributor on that and finally had them installed in a good Las Vegas repair shop. Bob Neill made it right and offered me a very good deal on the Voce Grande that I was very interested in and I was able to sell the Abscisse to an enthusiasm buyer. 
My listening habits focus more on the midrange and treble, and not on the very lowest base response. Having said that, I thought the base response on the Voce Grande was excellent. Not quite that of the Abscisse, but more than adequate for my needs. I think the larger AMT tweeter on the VGs made the difference as to me preferring it over the Abscisse. I believe it is crossed at 1200Hz, which works great in that 2 way design. To me, the VG sound is magic. It's the best speaker I've ever owned.