REVEL performa3 f208 or TEKTON Moab

I have about 5 grand to spend on loudspeakers.  Of these 2, Tekton Moab and Revel performa3 f208, which one would you goners buy? Or any recommendations? I have an old Krell FPB 400CX, Ayre K5xe mp, Wadia 321 Dac, VPI Classic turntable. 
jeffvegas

Showing 1 response by rbstehno

MC - Your comment: "Reading through the comments its clear you either don’t know anything about Tekton Moabs or worse have been misled into believing a lot of the blather which in turn comes from people who don’t know anything about Tekton Moabs."
MC, you don’t have a clue on what good sound is. You are the person who told people your moabs were better than the $1M Wilson (Wilson doesn’t make a $1M speaker), now you are saying stay away from revel. Give it up!!!
If you want a cheap speaker that can play loud, get a Moab, if you want a good speaker up to some of the best speakers, get something else like the revel or many other brands. For example, I would take a used Revel M20 stand mount speaker over any tekton I have heard for sound quality, the M20's won't play as loud, but their sound was very very good, and that's from a 20 year old speaker.
The sensitivity of a speaker is not a show stopper. I had 86db totem speakers hooked up to McIntosh 1000 watt mono blocks and they sounded fantastic. BTW, your tekton speaker sensitivity ratings have been scrutinized because in tests, they actually have a lower sensitivity rating than company specs.