Revel F228be

So I bought a pair of B&W cm10 when I first graduated. They are fantastic and was my first high end speakers. I got my masters last year and got a good paying job. I want to treat myself with a new pair of speakers. Which speakers do you guys recommend for around $7k to $8k. I recently heard about Revel and read more about them. A lot of people have high regards for Revel as they make great speakers that compete with speakers that are much more expensive. I have seen some Ultima 2 used for around this price range as well. I have an SVS pb4000 as a sub. The amp is Rotel 1585. 

2pinacolada

Showing 2 responses by soix

Really depends on what improvements you’re looking for and what sound characteristics are most important to you.  Making speaker recommendations before knowing these things is nothing more than a random crapshoot and you’ll just get a lot of what other people like, which may have nothing to do with your tastes.  Just my $0.02 FWIW. 

I’d actually suggest selling the Rotel and the sub a just starting from scratch.  Buying a better amp and two smaller sealed subs, even if that means spending a little less on speakers, will yield you much better and more balanced overall sound. FWIW.