Resistor Replacement - Wilson Sophia's

Just wondering if replacing the resistors that protect the tweeter in Wilson Sophia's has any effect on sound quality?  I have heard them with the originals and they sound great. I would replace if recommended by Wilson....but was wondering.

gsieg

I called WA last week about this very subject. If you are the original owner and you know that they haven’t been playing at high volume levels, or abused, there’s no need. If you are the second owner and have no idea, I would, I just bought a pair of mint Watt/puppy 7 and it was the first thing I did to them. Well, I waxed them with zymol first, then replaced the resistors, I sleep better at night knowing. - Robert

Get a meter. Either they measure at spec or they are not.

Usually when a resistor burns out it opens, so if it blows the tweeter gets disconnected.

Having said this, they are inexpensive, and I’d love to hear you compare Caddock with Mills if similar wattage.

If you ahve the Caddock's that look like little transistors, put a heat sink on them, more to ensure consistent performance than prevent burnout.