Relationship between Ethernet Switch and SQ

This one will probably invite some withering mockery, but I will ask....

I only stream, and my streamer (Bryston BDP) is fed with an ethernet cable that runs back to my router.  Literally back to my router; there are enough output jacks on the router that I have a long run to the streamer and no ethernet switch in the chain (or the house system for that matter).   (There is an Eno filter right before the streamer).

I happen to OWN a nice LHY ethernet switch.  I am assuming that there is no reason to use it in this configuration, that is, assuming there are noisier switches, and less noisy switches, there is still no net benefit of adding any switch to this chain.  But maybe, just maybe, in the metaphysics of electrons that I do not understand, there is some reason why a nice switch prior to the streamer accomplishes something (in theory...I get that I can A/B test and try to fool myself whether I can hear a difference).  For the first person with a correct answer, I will mail a nice $600 switch to the address you specify! (JK)

mathiasmingus

first you agree he says ground runs to SFP to the CPU, then you disagree. Either way, any one can watch video where he clearly says the ground runs from SFP to CPU, which it does not. 

I think I get it now....you're on meds, right?

All the best,
Nonoise

Post removed 

@nonoise  again, you can’t argue facts, so personal attacks. Again, at 1:41 in the video, he runs his fingers over the channels from the SFPs to the CPU and says this “is each set of signals that come in and then go directly to the chip notice that there's nothing else around them this important because that doesn't that means you're not going to get interference from other circuitry um also on the back side of the board this whole area is a is a ground plane so these are.” Copy paste from the transcript of the video.

but you can only lead a horse to water, I debunked everything that guy said in the video, showed you with links, and you still can’t admit it is humbug. 

Being on a crusade to save but plundering all in your path. Quit your holier than thou attitude. As I have mentioned, state your truth, and then disappear. Instead you take over threads with an arrogant attitude that is rank.

You belittle others with your knowledge of one aspect of digital, which does not translate well into audio.

My ears know better than to listen to you.

So I won't.

...um, also...

A device used in casual conversations to separate two different but related things.

Channels from the SFP to the CPU are direct but it doesn’t mean you’re not going to get interference from other circuitry...um, also...ground plane on the backside aids in isolation, would just be another way of saying it and not that the channels are the ground. Humbug indeed.

Maybe double up on the meds?

That, and you’re a fine one to call out anyone for personal attacks.

All the best,
Nonoise