Record Store Day 2020 LIst

The new RSD 2020 list is just out.

I know some of you don't like RSD, but it's always been lots of fun for me.  I haven't missed a year yet.

https://recordstoreday.com/News
128x128mofimadness
Was looking at the list yesterday. Didn't see much that really moved me this time. We'll see?
Another year, another RSD list that has zero releases I want to buy. 2 strikes in a row for me. I love my LRS and I will support them by going to RSD and looking through the used record bins. Hopefully they have a show that evening again this year. The guys who own/run my LRS also have a record label and one of their acts usually perform in the evening of RSD.

BTW, my LSR - Plaid Room Records, and their sister company - Colemine Records have another RSD release this year - Kelly Finnigan - "The Tales People Tell (Instrumentals)". Great guys. Support them if you like soul and funk.
I bought a few of the SYEOR (Start Your Ear Of Right) titles from Plaid Room.  Excellent folks!

I found a few on the new RSD list, but agree, it wasn't all that great this year.  I seem to be out of the loop on most of the artists...I've never heard of over 80% of them.  Different crowd, (market) I guess...
@mofimadness  - Yep, Bob and Terry at Plaid Room are great folks. Their little brother and their mom are also working in the business now. They moved to a hugely expanded store last year. Really nice place and people, and they support their neighborhood and the local businesses in Loveland, OH.

I'm headed there now, with a milk crate full of 70 records I've culled from my collection. Hoping for a good cash haul, or even better store trade-in credit. Last night had a couple of friends over. Sold them some good stuff at trade-in value and threw in some freebies for good measure. The remainder is headed to Plaid Room.....
Wish I was local to Plaid Room. I ordered my SYEOR titles online from them, (GREAT prices btw). I’d love to go in and see what they have. I’ve seen pictures of their place, but would love to visit.

I plan on pre-ordering some of the 2020 Ten Bands, One Cause releases, from them, once they become available

I signed up for their newsletter and get one every week with all the new releases.

Good luck with your trade-ins!
I looked at the list and saw that it was nine pages long... and stopped.  I've bought a few things from Plaid Room, all positive experiences.
I have to agree with Reubent, not much that holds my interest.

However I was in my LRS earlier today spending my hard earned and we got talking about it.
For his business it can make or break his quarter so a big deal for him as a business owner so I said with that in mind I would turn up to support .
Back from my LRS - Plaid Room Records. First time ever, I took the cash for my culled records and did not take the higher trade in value. Left with zero records! First time in years, all of the records I own now fit in my record rack.......
First time in years, all of the records I own now fit in my record rack.......

Must be nice :-)
I thought that's why my record racks were so solid... So I could pile more records on TOP of the racks.......
@reubent ,

OK now, you're taking be this culling thing much too seriously. Time for an intervention
OK now, you're taking be this culling thing much too seriously. Time for an intervention

Wouldn't that be a reverse intervention  :-)
@mofimadness ,

That’s an excellent point. One that should earn you the position of leader for reubent’s reverse intervention.
I saw that The Black Crowes “Lions” Ltd to 3,000 copies is on the list, a record I’ve been trying to track down for years now, but refuse to pay over $200 on Discogs for it. That’s the only one I saw of any interest. Last year was a bust, so at least there’s 1 I’ll grab this year. 
What I've noticed is many of the RSD titles become avalible later anyway.
What I've noticed is many of the RSD titles become avalible later anyway.

There has always been a section titled "Record Store Day First Release".  All of these listed under that banner will be available after RSD sometime.

The sections are:

RELEASED EXCLUSIVELY FOR RECORD STORE DAY

RECORD STORE DAY LIMITED RUN/REGIONAL RELEASES

RECORD STORE DAY FIRST RELEASES

RECORD STORE DAY 3" VINYL
Thanks for that info........ good to know.

I'd doubt if I would be aware enough to actually remember that in the little time allotted where my LRS is concerned