Recommendations for small desktop speakers under $1500

Does anyone have recommendations on relatively small, great sounding speakers that would work for a computer desk?  Looking for something under $1500. Active or passive is fine.  I did some poking around and I’m not finding many, at least not by the typical audiophile manufacturers I’m used to looking at for regular sized loud speakers. 

bobelton

Showing 2 responses by blisshifi

I tried many speakers, including the LSX, and felt that I wanted more. If your desk is big enough to have it, I recommend looking at the Elac UBR62. They are usable down to 40hz and are front ported, so they will image better than other rear ported competitors. Also, the midrange has a dual concentric style with the tweeter and is closer to ear height compared to many other speakers.

i pair these speakers with a Gustard X-16 and a Class D kit amp and the trio sounds incredible for its price range. 

@bobelton Elac also makes the smaller debut, but it won’t sound as resolving or full. I need no sub for the UBR62. Yes it is big, but it can sound holographic and I just have them a few inches from the wall directly behind my desk. I do have a larger desk, though, about 65” wide and maybe 22” deep.

My primary system is valued at likely over $200K-300K and I am satisfied with the Elac in my office, hopefully that stands for something!