Recommendations for "pure class a" amp under 1K

Hi,

I'm soon to be in the market for a used amp or monos running in pure class A for under 1K. What are you recommendations? My only requirements are 50+ watts and availability of parts (aside from price).

Thanks!
Eric
ericusrex
I have a Pass Aleph 3 and love it. Warm, rich, and above all musical presentation.

Downsides are lack of bass slam and not enough power. I'm looking for more (without mortgaging the house yet again). However I don't intend to part with my Aleph unless I'm absolutely forced to. For one thing, the case is a work of art.

Patrick
May I second the Pass lab Aleph seies. I've heard the 4 and 5 and have the 3. It's as near ideal as I think I can get. I do'nt see that it is base light as many have described it. The base is well controlled so it's not prominent. The Monarchy Audio amps I have heard are also excellent as are Sugden amps which are all class A. The latter will take you above you're price limit, but are beautiful sounding amps. I went to the UK Hi-Fi show yesterday and several rooms were using Sugden and they were all listenable, which is more than you can say for most of the dems
The Pass Aleph 3,at only 30wpc plays much louder than one would expect.
In fact, with speakers ~89 db or higher and 8ohm it rocks!
I found the bass to have a very natural sound and gives decent slam.
IMO its the very best bargain in audio.