Question on phono cable for Jelco 850S tonearm

Looking for the phone cable to work with Jelco 850S tonearm. I was considering the angle design, I gather those are sometimes coded with letter "L" in the name. And I came across a statement somewhere , the person was selling the L shaped cable because the shaft turned out to be too small for his new tonearm. Somehow I thought the source end of the cable should be somewhat "standard" relative to the tonearm shaft, but i thought I will ask here before I buy. I am considering either Jelco 700 or Jelco 700L, I gather in my setup (Conrad Johnson PV12 with phono stage and MV60SE ) either one will be quite enough, but speaking about the L-shaped variant - should it fit for sure? 

anatoliy

It all hinges on how your pickup arm's connectors fit relative to the armboard and plinth. L-connectors sometimes don't clear, so you need a straight connector in those instances.

I use cables with the straight connector as the angled one won't clear the hole in the plinth.

I use a straight DIN connector to my Jelco 850 on my SOTA Sapphire. I had a 90 degree cable originally, and although it worked, was not optimal in how the cable exited the bottom of the outer SOTA body. Too crimped to make me comfortable. As @noromance inferred. 

In most cases, I would say the straight DIN would work best, but, you did not mention your table, so it might work for you, but would need more info. The 850 will work with either, but does it work best with your table. 

@bkeske I have Oracle Paris table, sits 1 inch above the top. From what was said here @noromance @cleeds looks like I will have one less point to worry about if I go with the straight connector. Thanks all!