Qobuz Windows App

Is anyone else having problems with the Qobuz app for Windows?  I can use Qobuz fine through my web browser, but the app either hangs up or runs really slow.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.  My system is older, but still pretty fast - 24 GB RAM and a solid state drive.  I run a lot of resource intensive programs like Photoshop and Lightroom with no problems.  I'd prefer to use the app.
big_greg

Showing 3 responses by ejr1953

I run the Qobuz app on a powerful Windows10 Pro machine and I find the best way to avoid the slowness in the app is to boot up the machine well in advance of my listening session, so it has time to complete the startup anti-virus scan, and completes its Windows Update, which sometimes fails and requires that I once-again "check for updates" and let that complete.

In the setup for Window Update I also throttled down the percentage of bandwidth it could use, to 10%.

Once the machine has completed all it's startup steps, the Qobuz app runs significantly better.

I'll investigate "Windows10 Shut Up", sounds like a good way to go...in general.
I spent some "quality time" investigating why the Qobuz app is so flaky on my Windows 10 Pro machine and the "smoking gun" is not the Qobuz app, but Windows.  I keep this machine up to date with everything, and power it down when I'm done.  It's not used for much of anything else other than music storage and streaming.  When this machine boots up, of course it runs the "boot up anti-virus scan", and Windows checks to see if there are any updates, the latter seems to fail from time to time and needs to be manually re-run.  I've done all the "configuration" I can in Windows to minimize the ill effects of this Windows Update feature.  I think my best strategy is to boot up the machine about an hour before I plan to use it, fix any Windows Update failures, and just give it time to do its "Windows stuff".  Once the machine "settles down", using the Qobuz app is without problems.
Since my last post on this subject in February, I gave up on the Qobuz Windows app. When I investigated further, I found that the app freezing was a really common problem, one that Qobuz support admitted they were working on. I’d say it ran only about 20% of the time without freezing.

Fast forward a few months and UPS delivered a Roon Nucleus Plus streaming server.

I signed up for a Qobuz "studio" (hi res) plan and configured Roon to use it and Tidal on the new server and the sound is just plain awesome!  No problems streaming using the Roon box.