Qobuz Issue

I've purchased a "Sublime" account, which Qobuz accepted my Credit Card for. I go to download discounted music and Qobuz won't accept that same card. Turns out, they won't accept any card for downloading. I attempted to buy music with my debit card, no good. I've contacted my card company twice and they assure me theres no block on my Credit card. Sebastien and I are swapping emails and that's slow. Sebastien tells me they have opened investigation that can take up to 10 days. Anyone have suggestions or a remedy?

2020matters

Showing 14 responses by 2020matters

No news yet, same old story. I did receive a second customer service email asking, was I satisfied. I didn't understand how they couldn't already know the answer, I deleted the first one. Replied to the second one. Tomorrow I'll get mail from Sebastien, I predict.

It will be one of the best gifts I will receive for Christmas to learn I can pay with my credit card and use my Sublime account, for a year. I’m some what like marksealey, I’m committed to getting Qobuz the way I want it. Being MADE, to purchase downloads through PayPal is a difficult pill to swallow. I’m an adult and being made to do anything is not the best.

Mark if you can get an answer, let me know please.

@marksealey, I’m not totally confused. "I am now able consistently to use FireFox for download purchases". I’m guessing that your saying you can listen to artist you’ve already downloaded, through Firefox. Not Credit card pay and download, through Firefox?

Thanks for the info Mark, it makes me feel better. I’m on Windows using the Qobuz desktop app which opens my browser, Firefox, to check out. Which won’t work of course. But for now, my Qobuz favorites keeps growing for when I am able to CC my way to good listening. Thanks again

@Mahler123, I couldn’t allow myself to "give up" as you did. But, I guess in an online world, with a France company problem, you don’t have any other choices. I’m sure Sebastien has a lot to do but, someone from the US could give more satisfying answers to US customers, I think.

I don’t think this is helpful but, Last Christmas I bought a Chromebook in hopes to listen to Qobuz through a Yamaha pre/pro I have. I couldn’t play prior Qobuz downloads. When I emailed Qobuz, they said that Chrome/Qobuz didn’t work together.

I didn’t get in that situation to deep because it had never worked for me before. This credit card thing is worth more time.

I had one of those difficult days where very little was going my way. I did find time to check on Qobuz, turns out, I was able to pay with the credit card at Sublime prices. Which made me smile. I'm not sure about the year of Sublime I was looking for and I'll check it later. The whole obtaining music seemed more complicated but, I managed. The fact that Sebastien wasn't the reason I checked on it, bugs me. Possible, that negative review (that he knew I typed) didn't sit so well. In my defense, the review happened from all my questions not being answered and constant question about a PayPal account. For now though, I'm off to listen to the recent additions to my high resolution music SSD and I hope we can put this "Qobuz issue" to bed.

Hi Jim204, before I started this topic I had already subscribed to the Sublime account, I couldn’t just walk away. Sadly, turns out that I’m unable to take advantage of Sublime discounts for the year that I signed up for. Sebastien tells me that he CAN’T give the 49 days I wasn’t able to use Qobuz back, BUT, here’s a free download up to $15. I just said that was great, downloaded the album and moved past it.

@marksealy I’m not finding the need to clear anything or set anything differently. Just like before I’m able to open then desktop app, click purchase and a Qobuz cart opens in Mozilla and I use my credit card to pay. Thanks for sticking with me through the journey. For me all is well at this point. 😀 I hope that you end up getting what you need from Qobuz also.

I first started mailing Sebastien on Nov 13. A deeper look into the problem started 7 days ago, the 15 of November. I’ve asked for a refund of $180, to which yall know the answer. This is what it tells me when I attempt to use same signing up card "The payment was refused, verify your bank details before proceeding with a payment again." I’m not able to stream at this time but, I bought Sublime for discounted downloads. Today, the 22nd. Sebastien sends an email saying card issues haven’t been fixed but I can use Paypal, to which I have no account.

jfhess, I couldn’t agree more with a US Qobuz phone number.

John, I initially joined Qobuz for discounted high res downloads only, and at this time I’m gaining nothing from Qobuz. I was told by Sebastien that PayPal was working, but I have no PP account.

Since discovering the issue I’ve tried, different card, new Fire Fox profile, emptying Qobuz cart, then filling it back up and buying downloads outside Sublime, regular price. Nothing worked. I suggested canceling and rejoining but Sebastien never answered the question of "should I"? With "no refunds" I didn’t want to be charged $180 twice.

My Qobuz desktop app indicates "Sublime", but that doesn’t help. Tomorrow is the last day of waiting for "investigating" we’ll see what comes of it. My Qobuz "favorites" list is growing and growing.

Nothing good to share here, either. About interactions with Qobuz. Still no resolve. Sebastien mailed and said that he thought I could use PayPal. I do understand how things might get confusing being English is not his first language. khloebo, history of Qobuz taking $180 is there.

Mark, with credit card being my only access to Qobuz high res, I'm really wanting to find an answer also. I continue to get generic email from Sebastien saying Qobuz has new music. Which is like a kick in the nads. Kinda makes me angry. I emailed the "customer service" in a check out page because I wanted to make sure everyone that could, knew I was having problems paying and just like I suspected, the next day I receive a reply to that email from... Sebastien.

The amount of time it takes to solve this CC issue, is time from my yearly subscription. When all gets straitened, I hope that's also in the Qobuz mind. Mark, I'll go through the check out process and compare, tomorrow. I think your getting closer than I am to making music yours.

Hey Mark, My process

1. Qobuz desktop app, I then empty cart and fill it up with two Sublime titles. I click the first title and Qobuz opens browser.

2. Then I minimize the browser to add second title.

3. FireFox opens to log in Qobuz. My Email/pass is stored so I click empty space and select email/pass.

4. I’m at the Qobuz cart with both selections

5. Check the "Hereby I consent..." message. Click "access payment" button.

6. "Enter payment details" Click the blue pay button and it reads "The payment was refused. Verify your bank details before proceeding with a payment again"

I was considering using a VPN. I see that wouldn’t have lasted long, so much for that idea. Thanks Mark It’s worth a lot to know now I’m not the only one. I guess I’ll have to keep being kicked until Qobuz works everything out. I hope to post soon, everything is fine with the year subscription.

Sublime years over and I suspected Qobuz might give me the time I was unable to purchase discounted downloads back. NOPE. After my extension request, Sebastien said extensions weren't possible. Then the next day, I found it odd how he wanted to investigate. Looking back for the emails him and traded. I could only find emails from January of this year. Which was 2 months after the sign up day. As you might guess he said that I needed to contact them immediately after an issue happens. So, I was out of luck but, he did offer a free download.