Puritan PSM156

Hello All,

I came across this product while searching Power Conditioners. Puritan PSM156.

Does anyone have one, or, does anyone know anything about it, and how it would stand up to or even better the more popular and well known brands?
Ag insider logo xs@2xloganfan

Showing 5 responses by bluethinker

I’m going to finally get the Puritan 156 for my reference system. I’ll then move my current Puritan 136 into my office system.

@jriggy - Thanks for the recommendation on Ultimate cable. Eventually I’ll also pick up one for my reference system to go along with the 156. 

I have the Puritan 136, which I found made an immediate positive impact on my system. I am planning, at some point, upgrading to the 156 in my main system and using my 136 in my secondary one. 

I am curious about the ultimate cable versus the classic one which I currently have. I’m interested in making that upgrade too. 

Can anyone share their experience with Ultimate cable? 

Finally purchased my second Puritan unit, the156. I'm currently burning it in on my second system in my office.

Such an odd journey this world of audio equipment takes us on. On classical music, the 156 has immediately improved the sound top to bottom. When I play electronic music - house or ambient - it sounds muddy and veiled. Why it sounds so different based on genre of music is a mystery to me.

I'm only about 15 hours in. From my experience with the 136, I have confidence things will improve. 

Can anyone remind me what the typical burn-in period is? 100 hours or so, right? 

@audphile1 - Using their classic cable that came with the unit. I'll upgrade when funds allow. 

@mclinnguy - Thanks for those estimates. Sounds about right! 

Update - I guess I'm about 30 hours in with burn in. I continue to be impressed with Puritan products. It's possible my ears have adjusted... or it's psychological... 

But my second system in my office sounds better than it ever has. I'm just hearing way more of the music. And the soundstage has increased. The Luxman 590axii has never sounded so good before. 

This is my second Puritan product. Continue to be impressed with the value of these Puritan products. 

I now have Puritan filters on both of my systems. Without question, both units improved the clarity of each system. I am plugging my amps directly into the Puritan, along with all upstream components. 

When funds allow, I’ll purchase the ultimate power cord and see how that impacts my primary system as a test. 

I guess it is system dependent, but do want to report I am a happy customer. My enjoyment of music has gone up since adding the 136 (first) and now 156 device. 

If anyone is curious and wants to get more details, hit me up on PM.