Pure Class-A Amp under $2000 (USED)

Hello everyone,

There are so many brands out there that I couldn't catch up with, so I opened a thread about Class-A Amp for discussion. My budget is around $2000 for a Stereo Amplifier (No need for Pre), could you guys help me to suggest me some?

- DAC: Exogal Comet

- Pre/Amp: Yamaha Intergrated A-9 (My current, but want to update)

- Speaker: Sonus Faber Venere 2.0

- Cable: Acrolink (Power, Interconnect, Speaker)

=> I think the wattage range between 30-60WPC for Class-A is powerful and popular. The production date of amplifier should not too old, I think after 199x is nice.

128x128darkknight8586

I'm a big fan of the SONY TA-A1Es integrated amp,   Built like a tank and sounds amazing, can't believe how good it sounds for the price.  I thought Sony did a terrible job of marketing this amp, it should be far more well known than what it is.  

$2000 is a tough budget for a good Class A amp. Your choices will be limited to older amps like the Krell KSA or the Plinius. The KSA are great amps but old which means you will be sitting on a time bomb. Rebuilding those amps will be expensive.  If you can wait and up your budget, the Pass XA25 is the current model and should drive your speakers just fine

Are you a DIY type? Nelson Pass has provided many amplifier designs to the DIY community. Anything from 5 W/ch up to 100 W/ch, all biased into Class A. I have built the Aleph-J (25 W/ch) which is based on the original Aleph series of amplifiers with J-FET inputs instead of MOSFETs. A very popular design is the F5 (25 W/ch) and the F5 turbo (50 W/ch). Both the Aleph-J and F5 were sold under the First Watt brand as well, but can be hard to find on the used market.