PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Thanks ozzy. So if I dont have a huge need for Roon's interface, multi room stuff or DSP tricks I would not need any computer to play my music and Qobuz streams? All done within the Lumin app. I have to think it would sound better than having a computer in the way...no? Like I said...I'm a digital idiot!
No extra computer needed. You will need a iPad or a similar device to select songs.
BTW, I also go straight to my mono block amps. (no preamp).

ozzy
Now thats what I like to hear. I was getting a bit intimidated by all the "audiophile" switches, NUC's with pricey LPS's, expensive cables.....
People read all of this (forum) in hopes mining information. I'm one.

I just got an X1 and sure enough at first it sounded thin and harsh and then after more use BAM..I can't get enough. I had a T2 and it comes close to the X1 but the X1 is a bit more resolving. 

For those of you wanting to upgrade or jump right in the X1 is all that it's professed to be. Make sure your chair is comfortable for you will be spending more time there.

My other learning has been that sound always is better when your iPad isn't by your head bouncing sound waves off the surface. 

wsrrsw,
When you and others can, also try the X1 with the EtherRegen, AfterDark clock and power supply and fiber cables.

ozzy