PS audio m1200

Hi,

I have an ARC Ref 6 preamp with B&W 803 D3 speakers. The M1200’s have a lot of power. I am going to look for a way to demo them. The specs list 600W into 8ohm, 1200 into 4, and stable transients at 2ohms.

I believe the speaker impedance curve has a 3ohm dip. Does anyone have experience to know if these amps are stable at 3ohms with enough power?

Thanks

zpatenaude37

Showing 1 response by boomerbillone

Hello zpatenaude37!  If you have not made a purchasing decision yet, I recommend you try the Fiera4 from Starke Sound. It is new model of an amp whose mame ended in AD4. I have six of that discontinued model and am waiting for the new one to arive. They have a return policy and the new model  has a switching power supply and is not nearly as heavy as the previous version. The AD4s do a beautiful job with every speaker I've tried it on. I have five systems in the house and many sets of commercial and DIY speakers to play with. I have no affiliation with the company, but I've been building amps and speakers for over 50 years and know a winner when I encounter one. Needless to say, I have a very tolerant wife. The amp goes on sale during holiday periods for about $999. It's a bargain at the regular price. Check out their website, their name - no spaces dot com. It is a very remarkable product and is 4 channel amp, switchable to 2 or 3 chanels with the flick of a switch, no cable unplugging and replugging. Enjoy the music!.