Problem with my Rose 150 b

I’m having a connectivity issue with my 150 and my iPad which I use to control the Rose. I can be playing music using the Rose App and just start losing the sound which is intermittent and comes and goes. I have the Rose connected to my AT&T router with an AQ pearl ethernet cable that is about 8’ long. I stream mainly Tidal although it happens when using Quobuz also. I have tried unplugging the 150 and restarting it also unplugging the router and rebooting it too. I haven’t reached out to Hifi Rose yet . Anyone have any thoughts. When this thing is working the sound is really nice. One other thing is that I have AT&T fiber which has 1000mbs speed.

128x128gphill

Showing 10 responses by oddiofyl

Able to try RCA or a digital connection to DAC or something that accepts a digital input?   

If that AQ is a Cat 8 which it may be try swapping it out for a Cat 6 .    I had a problem where my DAC would not achieve digital lock intermittently with my Aurender and Vault 2 when they were both on.   

Drop outs , stuttering as it tried to lock on.  Removed a Cat 8 cable from the Aurender and swapped it out for a Cat 5e and problem seems to have gone away

Someone on this forum suggested that was my problem, the metal connector of the Cat 8 can cause grounding issues between components.   I didn't believe it until I finally remembered what he said and swapped that cable

I would go into the menu and make sure the appropriate settings are set for either format.   There is also a Roon Volume and an analog Volume setting.   Like you said it’s probably something simple. 

If the meter is bouncing it’s getting data, and converting it.  Leave it unplugged from power overnight and try in the AM

Did you try controlling it with a different device ?   Maybe a phone ?   Try it’s volume and menu through that 

It might be something they can diagnose remotely and correct.  Good luck.