ProAc vs Totem vs Usher, please comment

Okay guys, I've narrowed it down to these speakers and would prefer to stick to these choices. I would appreciate if you can comment on any of these speakers, if you've heard them. Please keep the value/price in mind as well, I will be buying used from Audiogon.

ProAc Response 1.5 - $1100
Usher X-719 - $800
Totem Forest - $1800

Side note: I'll be doing an in-home demo on is the Fritz Carbon 7. I doubt many have had experiences with Fritz speakers, but he is an excellent person to talk to and builds very quality speakers. Nice enough to bring them to my home for a demo.

I would like to purchase one (or two) of the three speakers above to A/B against the Fritz Carbon 7's. I've checked out local dealers but none of them would let me take their speakers home to demo. This is why I'm turning to Audiogon for advice, since there are many many knowledgeable people here.

Just some background, my amp is a McIntosh 7100 (100wpc SS) and my room is 11x15. My previous speakers were the B&W Nautilus 805's and I thought the metal tweeter was fatiguing after extended listening periods. Also, the B&W's excel at vocals and jazz, but not at faster/bassier music. I'd like something that's great all around, even for movies.
mrkoven
I have owned the B&W N805 and contrary to your experience I don't find the speakers to sound bright with high listening fatigue over extended listening sessions. As a matter of fact I find the N805 to be a warm sounding speaker with the distinctive B&W house sound. It may be worthwhile to explore room acoustics if you haven't given a thought about this yet as this solution is pretty cheap. Some absorption on 1st reflection points on side walls will take off rough edges and give a more smooth presentation in your small room. You can try Foambymail.com as an alternative to changing speakers.

If looking at another different speaker to get to the sound that you want, the three floorstanders above will give you the bass and speed that are missing with the N805. I have listened to the Proac Response 2.5, the bigger brother of the 1.5. Very good speaker and a good all-rounder. The 1.5 might work for your listening preferences given that you find the N805 lacking in bass and faster music. As for Totem, I have only listened to the small little Model 1's. These are bright speakers, definitely brighter with higher listening fatigue compared to your N805. The Forest may be less bright and forward with considerably heftier bottom end. No experience with Usher.

Hope that helps.
When you install the Proacs set them up so that you can
see just a little of the inside of the cabinets walls.
The mirror image positioned tweeters should be placed on the inside and they will disappear nicely.
Make sure they are level and If you can Bi wire but if not I would hit the top Speaker posts first and jump down.
Good luck great speakers that will grow with you, your equipment and music.
Johnnyr
Make sure you give the proacs about 200 hrs to burn in before being critical,they need the time to mellow out.
I have a pair of Proac 1.5 and they very good speakers. Great value. You can't go wrong with these.
ryder - totem speakers are anything but bright. you must have been driving them with not very good electronics. i have owned/currently own 5 different pairs of totem speakers (from the arros, model 1's, in-wall taw, and a couple of pairs of mani 2's) all driven by very nice equipment. if you drive any totem with small amps or amps with no power they will sound terrible. they are dull, thin sounding, and maybe that is where you get the bright sound from.
the forest would be my pick out of the 3 you posted. they are easier to drive and would be more suited with your 100 watt mcintosh. the proacs are decent but i didn't like them as much as the totem or usher. if you are looking for a better deal,look into the totem hawks. not as easy to drive, but $500 cheaper used and are very close to the sound of the forest. some like the hawks better, it would be a toss up for me. if you are going to spend up near $1800 and you might want to get a more powerful amp in the near future, i would spring for the mani's. blows away the 3 speakers you listed, but needs at least a good 200+ watt amp with power to it.