pro-ject cd box rs2 vs jays audio cd2 mk3

I have been following a lot of posts here , but I have not read of any comparisons as of the 2 transports . I am on the fence about the 2 transports as it does not seem that there is to many choices in that price range. I can purchase both transports for about the same price . any body compare them yet or have any other thoughts . thanks
kully560

Audio Advisor is listing the RS2T as available for sale. They also have a demo model for sale at a decent discount, but I would only buy it if it comes with a manufacturer’s warranty. My warranty repair went well with another dealer. No further issues after gettIng mine back two months ago. Knock on wood.

For those of you who own or have owned the Project transport, I’m just wondering how it is in use?  

For instance, it appears that it only weighs a few pounds. Do you find that it slides around as you are raising or lowering the lid while loading or unloading your cd’s?

When using the LTA LPS power supply, how far away do you need to keep it away from the transport? 

Is the player quit or can you hear it spinning?

Is there anything that you don’t like about it???

Thanks much!

Don

@charles1dad    Thought you might find it interesting that Total DAC is coming out with a new (first for them?) transport fitted with the SU CD Pro 8 mechanism. I have not seen a price so far. 

@no_regrets, although the transport is light in weight, it does not move around at all. I do not hear my disc spinning and the unit is absolutely quiet. I have the upgraded transport that the company makes and it sits right next to the transport and I have no issues. I know that’s not the power source you’re asking about, but that’s what I am currently using.

@lak Hello and thank you for your reply!

It's good to know that the transport does not move around at all while operating it's lid.

So are you saying that you are using Project's own upgraded LPS?  

Do you have the LPS siting right beside the transport or is it best to keep them far apart?

Would you be willing to share with me what other transports you have used and how the Project differs in sound qualities from the others?

I have just recently bought the LTA Aero Dac and am in the market for a new transport and am considering the Project, Jay's Audio and CEC.

I am concerned with all of the Q.C issues the Project seems to be having.  I'm not even sure if I can find one in stock at the moment.

Thank you and best wishes to you,

​​​​​​​Don