previous generation audio lover requesting new tech needs advice

I used to listen to CDs but now am moving from the country and want to convert all my Cds to Flac. What equipment would I need to listen to the music from these files? Just so I can easily understand, from my following set up what do I not need, what should I keep and what else should I buy in order to be able to listen to these FLAC files? (Sorry for typos in the heading - no way to correct it once posted, but I hope you understood what I meant)

My current equipment;

Wadia 270 CD Player
Wadia 27 DAC
Krell KRC 3 Preamp
Krell FPB 250M Mono Amps
Totem Mani speakers

Would like to go with a little above entry level equipment - Reducing toys at this stage of my life.
arun3101

Showing 1 response by mahler123

the most idiot proof way to do it is to get a CD ripper/streamer/storage in one.  The Bluesound Vault2 would fill your need.  For about $1200 it will store about 5 times your collection size in its 2 TB HD after ripping them to flac.  The app to control works well and you can also use it for Internet Radio, Tidal, and Qobuz, and a whole lot more  It has an internal DAC but your Wadia will prob ably beat it.  You already have an pre amp and amplifier so I am not sure why you are looking for a product that has that included.

You may want to retain the CD player as a backup in case something goes wrong with your stream or your internet connection, depeneding upon the quality of the Internet connectivity where you are relocating