Preamp recommendations up to $2000

Hi everyone. The upgrade bug has reared it's head again and I'm starting to look for a better preamp. My present system is: Audio Note CD-2, Mapletree 2A SE pre, Edge G4 amp, and GMA Pico Executive speakers. I listen to mostly classical, with some pop/rock.

I don't have the audio vocabulary some of you do, but I guess I'm looking for a more open sound with a little more presence. I also wouldn't mind if the bass was a little fuller.

Although the Mapletree is a tube preamp, I would like all suggestions, including SS.

Thanks!
xrayz

Showing 2 responses by xrayz

I know i said I was leaning toward tubes, but does anyone have any experience with the Blue Circle BC 103 or CJ Premier 18LS? Thanks.
LOL, No, I'm still here. I got more replies than I thought I would and am trying to research them all. I kindly thank everyone who has replied.

As to my thoughts, I haven't formed any concrete ones yet. I wish I could go to $2500, but really can't. I'm leaning to staying with tubes and am wondering how much improvement some of these suggestions would make over my budget model. Wish there was somewhere to rent some of this equipment to listen to for awhile.