Preamp 47K load. Cartridge needs 330 ohm

Experts!!!

Preamp is Conrad Johnson PV7.  Recently refurbished by Music Technology.

Cartridge is Miyabi Cello Chorale 0.35 mV and needs 330 ohm load.

How do I solve.  Preamp load not adjustable.  Any interface box like Puffin?

Or maybe a Andover SPINSTAGE PHONO PRE-AMP

Or a Lundahl or similar transformer?   I am not sure.

Thank you.

dcaudio

Where is the OP going to find a SUT with a 1:12 step up ratio? If such a one exists off the shelf, it might be unique. Whereas there’s a plethora of choices among 1:10 SUTs.

Nad used to make inexpensive electronic pre-phono box that boosts necessary gain pretty much for any cartridge.   Classe Audio NIL is probably higher priced pre-preamp.

lewm

I just wanted OP (or others following this) to know, 1:10 is not absolute, as a matter of fact anything up to 1:12 will be good, 1:12 might be best.

I agree 1:12 is limited; and 1:10 is more common, however, IF the OP searches, asks for help, and gets answers like above, he can end up with 1:12 or very close (my FRT-4 has 1: 10.55, who would look for that?

imhififan

Good find, seems like a very versatile unit. Independent Control of Gain and Impedance it ideal for current and future cartridges.

Allasso was on my chart, but I’ve never seen one, and never know if what I find is old or current.

I don’t see PASS for an MM, but it only has ONE input, so who needs PASS?

PASS would let you change to an MM cartridge or headshell with alternate MM pre-mounted/aligned and leave the cables Tonearm to SUT and SUT to MM Phono EQ (external or internal)  in place, that’s a big advantage IMO.

samssa

another good find!