Power Cable options for Levinson 300 series

I currently have the Levinson 33H's, and before them the 336. Both these amps have a Levinson power cable built right into the Chassis. Knowing how much a good power cable can improve a component, I am wondering what I could be missing in improved performance if I was able to put an after market cable on my 33H's. Does anyone know of any way to make this happen for the 300 series, as I believe they all, from the 331 to the 336, and including the 33H and 33's..........have built in power cables!
bullot

Showing 3 responses by gundam91

for the high power ML amps like the 333, 336, and the monoblocks, ML wanted to make sure that the end users don't accidentally use smaller gauge powercords and break the amps or cause a fire, so they decided to go the safe route and use attached PC to ensure the amps are operating with enough current. That was the answer I got when I owned the 333. I think it came from the factory tech, but not 100 percent sure.

FrankC
I agree, with Samzx12. Before spending mega bucks on power conditioners or even powercords, get a dedicated line installed. It's relatively inexpensive. I paid like $300 for two 20amp dedicated lines about 8 years ago. One for the front end and one for the amps.

I've just started my house remodel project, and will be adding a dedicated listening room with more dedicated lines, one for the digital front end, one for the analog front end, one for the amplification, and one for the HT gear. Luckily the electrician had done something similar for some rich client before, so he doesn't think that I am crazy.

FrankC
Seriously, a few years back, the local (now defunct) store was demoing a pair of the reference Krell monoblocks like 1000w each driving a pair of the Dynaudio Evidence speakers. In the middle of the demonstration, the breaker tripped and the entire store went dark. Supposedly the store had these 30amp lines. But I guess the Krell was drawing a lot of current during some passages. It required 20 minutes before they could turn on the power again. But within few seconds of their second try, the store went dark again. I didn't want to wait another twenty minutes so I left. Imagine someone using zipcords behind those Krells. I wonder what would happen....

FrankC