Point of higher priced streamer?

Hello,
Assuming I have separate DAC, and I just want to play songs from iPad by Airplay feature.
In this case, I need a streamer to receive music from my iPad -> DAC.

What’s the point of high price streamer? I’m bit surprised that some streamers are very high priced.
From my understanding, there should be no sound quality difference.
(Streaming reliability and build quality, I can see it but I do not see advantages in terms of sound quality.)

Am I missing something? If so, please share some wisdom.
128x128sangbro
Coming from Auralic Aries femto to LDM Server. It's a huge jump. I even tested two different firmware of LDM intensively for a week to compare between the two. Apart from the server itself, the firmware also plays a big chunk of the audio journey.

With my LDM connected to Lampizator Pacific Dac balanced version, the 1st firmware projects an unbelievable depth of stage, ample bass and stunning pinpoint. With newer firmware, it becomes wider and stage, but less depth. With my room character and my listening preference, I really need to go back to the 1st firmware. 

It gives me the best combination from the LDM server to Lampizator Pacific.
I think the comment that ROON RAAT is using UDP is rather important here. Back in the day when I was programming Tibco RV messaging we used UDP for broadcast messages in one part of the system and I recall it was unreliable. It did not have to be reliable in that instance because it was just for a debug dashboard and the next broadcast would update accordingly. So packets could be dropped and I was OK with that.

I will get out my bottle of Double Black Johnnie Walker (found it at Costco) pour some juice and get my head around some of this tech we are talking about. I have nothing to do on Boxing day.

Interesting discussion on this thread. Merry Christmas to all.
I have a node 2(not the i), it does have a internal dac that works but connecting the node2 to a schiit YGGDRASIL sounds much better, why because the DAC design is better.  In this system the node2 is connected via wire, not through wifi, same IP packets comming from the source, just processed via a different DAC so network connection & delivery has nothing to do with sound difference.

I will also add that I have compaired the node2/YGGDRASIL on my main system that has a Linn Kimax DSM and that sounds significantley better than the YGGDRASIL, why, because the DAC design is better.   DAC design does make a differernce in how a system sounds, of course this assumes that the system is capable of benefiting from the higher quality source.
initial question of a basic nature segues into $50k budget?   Shaky ground indeed.    
@Sangbro  I'm sure everyone has an opinion, here's mine. Speakers ProAc K6 signatures or if they are to big K3.. or even the New K1 with the matching stands. I've owned many speakers in my 62 years from Apogee to Quads.. I've never found a speaker that's as listenable for hours with no fatigue as ProAc. Plus ProAc really sound best with Tubes or Class A so your Pass will work great.

Streamer: Auralic Aries G1 or G2..

Dac: Chord Dave or Hugo TT2, maybe add MScaler.. 

Power: Shunyata Everest or Denali , Shunyata Power cords

Cables: Audience AU24-SX , Cardas Clear Beyond

Good luck..FYI I own or have owned everything I've recommended and I've been doing audio as a profession and hobby for 50 years.